Has a Google penalty hit your website?
Did you receive a manual action report on Google Search Console? Or perhaps you’ve received an automatic penalty?
Google penalties often lead to a loss in organic search visibility, traffic, and revenue. Therefore you want to avoid them at all costs.
Most common Google Penalties
There are quite a few types of Manual Actions and plenty of reasons why you might be assigned one of them. The ones we see the most today are the following.
- Buying links and/or participating in link schemes
- Lots of pages with thin content reflecting low-quality website
- Duplicate content for the same reason
- Spammy structured markup
- Cloaked redirects or images
- Hidden text or keyword stuffing
How to recover from a Google Penalty
To recover from a Google penalty, you should check each of the possible causes mentioned above. For this purpose, it will be convenient to use an SEO tool that helps you analyze your website quickly and easily.
Check your SEO health now and avoid Google penalties